mandatory, staffed by members and paid service provider, roles are non-exclusive
- Develop software, i.e. write source code and tests.
- For open-source projects hosted under the ASAM organization on Github.com all commits must include a sign-off message. See Comitting to Open Source ASAM projects
ASAM Change Control Board
- Minimum of three representatives from 3 different companies
- Equivalent to the classical ASAM role of "Standard Manager"
- Select volunteers from running projects (at least one from each group or category in a project)
- Should no project be running the positions on the CCB will be made open to volunteers by ASAM members and decided on by the CG:Sim
- CCB named on the repository Readme for each standard
- Review and categorise issues
- Review contributions
- Merge source code, documentation and tests into the main branches.
- Named in the project proposal and extendable by majority vote of existing committers
- Does not merge content where third-party content or libraries are included prior to approval by the Project Coordinator
- Should no project be running, the CCB can submit a proposal to the CG:Sim for a patch/minor/major project addressing a set amount of issues
- Elected by and originating from the group of project members.
- Project management, meeting organization and alignment with ASAM office
- Named in Project Proposal
mandatory, staffed by the ASAM office
- Assists and supports the project leader in coordinating the project
- Moderation of meetings
- Harmonisation with other ongoing projects in- and outside of ASAM
- Technical & architectural support for the project
- Reviews and provides clearance for the use of publicly licensed, third-party or initial-contribution source-code.
- Reviews legal documentation in source code and legal documents distributed with source code.
- Resolves legal issues.
- May use a lawyer specialized in IT-law as an external resource.
- Setup, configures and maintains [server-based] tools and tooling infrastructure for use in projects.
- Responsibility does not include tools installed on project member's personal computers.
- Carries out public calls for offer, commissioning and payment of service providers.
- Other commercial and administrative tasks
Coordination Group: Simulation
Develop/maintain the ASAM Simulation roadmap
- Identify/initiate further ASAM activities in Simulation
- Ensure no overlap of standards
- Ensure alignment with external activities
Accelerate the ASAM decision making process
- Pre-approval, final approval stays with TSC
Review and refine relevant processes
- e.g. development and release process, collaborative software development, etc.